Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blog Launch

Between Ontology and Politics

This is perhaps the dilemma of our times. I am an aspiring philosopher with formal training (Phd 2009, Universite de Montreal). I also teach humanities at the Cegep Level in Montreal (Cegeps can be assimilated not without some reduction to American Community Colleges).

I want to use the Blog format to challenge my students and anyone for that matter to think and to philosophize. Perhaps if there were more philosophers in this world there would be less suffering and tragedy... But I could be wrong call it a professional bias.

Aside from my more lofty metaphysical interests I am also interested in mathematics, politics and art. Not neccessarily in that order.

Finally I would like to dedicate this first post to some of my personal heroes: Heraclitus (Pantha Rhei), Nietzsche (Gott is tot) and Eminescu (Poezia e un joc voluptos cu icoane).
I will keep you posted as to what is on my mind and I will also use some of the posts for my classes at the school where I teach.

Nur zur Zeiten ertraegt der Mensch Goettliche Fuelle. Traum von Ihnen ist das Leben!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment